The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2021 provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research-based growth.
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program 2021 is to:
- develop their leadership potential
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
As a result of COVID-19’s impact on priorities and capacity, the launch of the 2020 competition is postponed until June 01, 2020. The application deadline is set for October 1, 2020.
Areas of research
- Social sciences and/or humanities
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Foreign citizens
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents of Canada
70 fellowships are awarded annually approximately 140 awards are active at any time.
Fellowships are distributed equally among:
- the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
$70,000 per year (taxable)
2 years (non-renewable)
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program 2021 is unique in its emphasis on the synergy between:
- the applicant – their individual merit and potential to launch a successful research-intensive career; and
- the host institution – their commitment to the research program and alignment with the institution’s strategic priorities
An applicant to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must complete their application in full collaboration with the proposed host institution.
For More Information:
Application Deadline: October 1st 2020